Senior Web Account Manager
The Berndt Group (TBG), an expert, award-winning web design and development company, is seeking to hire a highly experienced web project manager / account lead to be a part of a talented project management team that produces a wide range of web applications and award-winning web sites.
Located in Baltimore, TBG is one of the oldest, most respected web firms in the country. Since 2009, the firm has ranked on a list of "The Top Ten Interactive Design Firms and Web Design Firms" internationally. We win on average, five design awards per year. We are also consistently ranked as a top web design firm and software developer by the Baltimore Business Journal.
Candidates must have at least three years of continuous industry experience in web design and development (or comparable) project management. Project managers serve as the primary contact with the clients, have general responsibility for the success of projects, manage internal resources in collaboration with the company directors, report financial projections to the COO, manage all administrative aspects of the project including timelines/billing/deliverables, and work to develop ongoing business with existing clients.
The projects we work on and sites we build are not vanilla web implementations—we need a seasoned project manager who can successfully manage complex web site implementations with grace under pressure and solve complex problems on the fly. It's also important for a project manager at TBG to be interested in staying on top of industry trends and best practices, and be "game" for taking on new challenges and learning new technologies.
Ideal candidates will exhibit the following experience/skills:
- Superb leadership, organizational, time management, interpersonal, stress management, attention to detail, ability to multi-task and problem-solving skills.
- Superb customer/client relations skills.
- A strong ability to convey professionalism and engagement in all written, verbal and in-person meetings with clients is required.
- Strategic consulting and conceptualization skills are a must; candidate must be able to think on his/her feet, offer clients and internal project teams well-conceived solutions to business problems to add high value, and pick up on nuances of client interaction and communications.
- Proven experience concepting web projects from inception to launch. Successful candidates will have solid experience in strategic consulting and creation and development of project deliverables including Project Strategy Briefs, Information Architecture deliverables including site maps and wireframes, Functional Requirements for technical projects, etc.
- Project Management at TBG requires a high attention to detail and the ability to lead project teams, serving as the internal manager as well as the primary point of contact with clients.
- The ability to work well with others in a team environment as well as showing individual leadership and initiative is important.
- Strong writing/editing skills are essential.
- A broad understanding of the web and be knowledgeable about and be able to discuss current issues surrounding CMS, community sites, eCommerce, Web 2.0, and Internet marketing with clients as they relate to projects.
- Experience managing complex CMS selection and implementation projects and working knowledge of CMS products such as Ektron, Sitecore, CrownPeak, and Umbraco is preferred.
- Interest and passion for staying on top of industry trends and best practices.
- Up for continuously taking on new challenges and learning new technologies!
- Proficiency in all MS Office applications (including MS Project), HTML editing, and a strong general knowledge of business, marketing, and technology fields. Experience with Adobe, Macromedia and Visio software preferred.
Note that TBG will not pay for relocation costs.